Convenient Sandston location for Hanover, Mechanicsville, New Kent, Varina, Chesterfield, Highland Springs and Richmond areas via I64 or I295.
Lovely private venue for a wedding event, retirement, birthday or anniversary party.
- Main Hall has space for seating 150 plus space for dancing
- Four rooms included with rental if needed: main hall, kitchen, two meeting rooms. (click for floorplans)
- Handicap accessible
- Thirty (30) 8' rectangular tables and chairs
- Three (34-inch) round tables on casters, three card tables, two (2) 6' and one (1) 4' rectangular tables
- Fully equipped kitchen with ice machine, microwave, double sinks, double gas ovens, 5 pan warming table, refrigerator, large coffee pots, serving trays, pots and pans
- Paper towels and all cleaning supplies included
- Wi-Fi Available
- Hard wood floors
- Decorative lighting includes recessed lights with dimmers, artificial ficus trees with white lights, twinkle lights that go across the ceiling front to back
- Available on request: podium with PA system; TV/DVD; High quality sound system(5 Disc CD changer and jack for MP3 player
- For an additional fee: Fireplace with gas logs; White wooden arbor(7 1/2' X 5');White or Ivory tablecloths for decorative tables
Rental Event Hours:
10 AM to midnight. Building must be cleaned and vacated by 12 PM. Late charge of $50 per 15 minutes will be assessed after midnight.
Rented by the day only. NO HOURLY RENTAL.
If the building is left undamaged and the cleaning guidelines have been met, your deposits will be refunded by mail within 30 days.
- Reservation Fee - $50 - due when contract is signed to reserve your date. This fee is not refundable.
- Security Deposit - $100 - due when contract is signed.
- ABC Deposit - $300 - due when contract is signed.
- You must also obtain a State ABC Banquet license (this allows alcohol to be served but not sold.)
This license must be posted anytime alcohol is in the building. Alcohol must be consumed inside the building.
- Rental Fee - due 30 days before your rental date.
- $350 for residents of Sanitary Water District II. Click here to see the district map.
(Sanitary District II is an area of the Henrico County water system. The households within this district agreed years ago to be assessed 50 cents per month on their water bill - with the money to go for upkeep of our building.
Because these citizens pay a fee continually, they are given a break on rental fee pricing. Show water bill for in district discount.)
- $450 for all others outside of Sanitary Water District II.
- Special For Brides: Because bridal events can be so hectic, special pricing allows rental of the building the day before their event if available for only the reservation fee ($50.00) plus 1/2 daily rental fee- no deposits required- due when contract is signed.
- Use of Gas Fireplace during event - $50 due 30 days before your rental date.
- Use of Decorative Arbor(see photo) - $50 due 30 days before your rental date.
- Rental of four (4) white or ivory decorative tableclothes (see photo) $25 due 30 days before your rental date.
All rental cancellations must be given in writing. Events cancelled 60 days or less from the rental date will forfeit an amount equal to ½ the sum of deposits plus rental fee, if building remains unrented.
Payments must be made with cashier's check or money order - no cash or personal checks are accepted.
- No Smoking inside the building
- Alcohol allowed INSIDE only with renter purchased Banquet License from VA Dept.of ABC Control. NO DRINKS permitted outside during events serving alcohol.
- Property follows Henrico Recreation and Parks "Dawn to Dusk" rule. No use of property outside of building after dusk.
- No FRYING, smokers, or steamers may be used on the property--inside or outside.
- No glitter, confetti, thumbtacks, staples, nails, duct tape, or open flames.
- Nylon T-clips are provided to hang decorations from the ceiling; these have a 5lb. maximum load.
- Only the tape we provide may be used on floors.
- No attachments may be made to the Memorial wall or to any painted surface.
- Curtains are not to be handled or have anything attached to them.
- All decorations and any property of renter's must be completely removed during cleanup.
- Complete cleaning according to Center's guidelines as well as personal return of the key to a SMRC Representative must be done on the day of the rental.
- Persons who are not respectful of our building, policies, or staff will not be allowed to use the SMRC again.
- Use only cleaning materials provided for you by the Center
- All sinks and counters must be left clean and wiped with sanitizing wipes provided
- All dishes and flatware must be cleaned and put away
- All appliances used must be cleaned and turned off
- All trash must be bagged and transported to the outside super cans and trash can liners replaced and left empty
- Wipe all tabletops and chairs with a damp cloth if needed before returning to storage room
- Tables and chairs must be placed back in accordance with diagram posted in the storage room
- The Restrooms are to be left in order
- Vacuum doormats of all doors used
- Clean up spills and food from floors with damp cloths (provided)
- Sweep the floors of all rooms used during rental
- Remove debris from porch and grounds
- Building, its contents and grounds must be left as found